THE IMPORTANCE OF CALCIUM & VITAMIN D
Calcium is found in foods like milk, leafy green vegetables and soybeans. Vitamin D, which helps you body absorb Calcium, is found in a limited number of foods and is made by your skin while you are in the sun.
Calcium and your body
- Major components of healthy bones include two-thirds Calcium and one-third Bone Collagen.
- When it doesn´t get enough, it may take the necessaey amount from your bones, weaking them.
- Our bodies build up Calcium in our bones efficiently until we are about 30 years old. After that, our bone mass tends to decline.
- This problem is compounded even further during menopause when a decrease in estrogen levels accelerates bone loss for women.
- That´s why it´s important to maintain a diet with enough Calcium and Vitamin D.
Maintaining good bone health
Scientific studies have shown that regular exercise and a Calcium-rich diet can help build and maintain good bone health* and may reduce the risk of osteoporosis. It's important to maintain a diet with enough Calcium and Vitamin D, together with other important bone-healthy nutrients, including
Phosphorus and Magnesium.